Saturday, February 11, 2012

Bad experience of Online Job


Today, I am going to share a new story. I got a project of wordpress (web-development), I became very happy as I was in search of new client and was ready to work even for really cheap rates. I set the price 200 to 300 for any kind of joomla and wordpress website, so I can get some work due to my cheap rates.
Yesterday, I found a client who was ready to pay me 300 for his desired website. He gave me 5 days to complete the website but I needed money urgently, but he was not even ready to give me some upfront payment, Normally it is my rule now that I use to get half payment before starting any work online but he said that he will give me all payment after the work will done successfully. I haven’t any other way, at least there was NO WAY to say NO about this project as I found this client by luck and I haven’t want to lose him, just for my one rule.

Online Job Description & Details:
He wanted a website on sports & betting topic, some kinda similar to http://www.simplyshredded.com/
He gave me this website that he liked this website but he doesn’t want clone at all but similar to it.
Following is a summary of his project details:
1. Top menu
About Our Experts, Recommended Sports books, Terms Of Service, Contact Us

2. 2nd Top Menu
NFL Picks, MLB Picks, NHL Picks, NBA Picks, College Football Picks, College Basketball Picks, MMA Betting, Soccer Betting, VIP Sports Betting Forum

3. For the logo I'd like you to make a nice logo with the name of my site I trust you. I would like the slogan to be Professional Sports Handicapping.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/
where this site has the ad
if you think of something more professional for the header that’s fine
I want it to be sleek and professional

5. Maybe you can do those 4 pictures faded in a collage and then put an athlete on each side
ok i trust that you will make it look good

6. you want that each menu should have about 10 more pages
and when someone clicks on NFL Picks, he/she should fount 8-10 more webpages and can choose according to his/her wish

7. can we do this
This picture on the left: http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Games/images-2/drew-brees.jpg
This picture on the right: http://bball-nba.webs.com/photos/Lakers--Cavaliers/lebron%20dunking.jpg
and then the logos i sent you in the middle
and our website logo on the very left

8. Site URL: http://www.experthandicapper.com
Login URL: http://www.experthandicapper.com/wp-admin
Username: admin
Password: sGQnG31z


 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have done, everything perfectly, whatever he wanted, I was not feeling well even but I worked hard for continuously 26 hours, as there was no end of his desires, I finished website in 6 hours according to his initial requirement but his revisions/changes took more time, then again revisions/changes, by this way I have completed this web after 26 hours and I requested for my money and he said he is going to send me but he blocked my Skype ID.

I kept asking about money, when I finished complete website first time according to his desires. But he was not ready to send me payment, till then I will finish his last one more change.

Changes, changes and changes. I got tired badly, because now I was losing believe of getting any payment from him. But, still I was waiting for his statement that when he will say that now he is 100% satisfied. Usually, I never work in night time as my mom doesn’t allow me but for this client I have worked till morning 3AM and then finally I found his statement that yes now he is satisfied and is going to pay me, I can take rest.

But now, about 10 hours passed, there is no confirmation email, no payment and I am blocked from his side. In other words, he left me without payment.

During Project, He gave me only wp admin access and said he can’t share his cpanel info as he has 3 most important websites and he can’t allow me to build website on my own server because it would be difficult for him to upload backup at the end. So I build website on his server as he required and that only access to his website (wp admin) password is changed now.
He removed my name from footer, as this website was developed by me so I have placed my name and a link to my website but he removed both things from footer.

At the End of this online job:
I don’t have any contact with him, as he blocked my skype ID, I keep sending him mails about payment but it is easy to divert mails to trash from some specific sender ID. Wordpress admin password is changed too. I don’t have any way to get my money.
Money doesn’t matter at all for most of times, but sometimes in life we have to face some conditions where we need money badly, and I am going through such conditions, this was the reason, I accepted project even for very cheap price. I accepted project, even for without getting any payment at advance. I worked hard continuously for long time, without taking rest, so I can finish it as soon as possible for me and can make my client happy for it, so I can get money earlier and can get more clients and make more money in short time. But see I have lost money, client and my hard work.

Advice for my readers and friends who are working online or want to do some online job:
If you are web-developer or designer,
1.      Then always develop website on your own server instead of developing it on others.
2.      Never start work until you get half payment from client side. Make it your rule and never break this rule, even you need money badly, it is better to have something for your hard work instead of having nothing at all.
3.      Never transfer backup files to client until you get at least 70% payment from him/her.

This was what I have learnt with this bad experience of online job, so I thought to share with my friends, hopefully, you enjoyed my story of the day.

1 comment: