Sunday, May 15, 2011

Academic Writing (1st Task) Real World HR

Hi guys,

Today, I am going to share a new job experience of my life. It was great experience but unfortunately I have to leave it by my own :( but I love to share with my friends, may be my sharing would be useful for all of you :)

Once I was upset for job, that what to do, how to found a good client, I was sharing my mind with one of Indian friend, who is also a writer. we found this job ad, I was upset in start but my friend gave me courage to send an e-mail to my this new client.

Following was my first e-mail:
date: Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:00 AM
Subject: FEMALE WRITER FROM PAKISTAN

Reference: http://www.freelancer.com/projects/Academic-Writing/Female-writers-from-Pakistan-are.1005487.html

Dear Sir/Ma'm!

I have seen your Project on freelancer as I am sharing the reference of subjected project.
I am really willing for this project and according to me, I would be best match for your project, Following are details about my qualifications.


Diploma in English Language
From: National University of Modern Languages (NUML), Islamabad.
Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
From: Govt. Collage for Women, Attock
Master of Commerce
From: Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad.
Master of Business Administration
From: Virtual University of Pakistan.


Waiting for positive response.


....................

After sending this message, I start waiting for my client's reply.

Wow, I have found an add request in my gmail, yeah this is my new client, hey girl don't waste time in thinking.


Finally, I had added my this new client and our first chat get started, let me share that chat history.



11:04 AM me: Hi
Client: aoa sis
me: I have sent you an email
Client: h r u?
me: Wasalam
I am fine
Client: thank you for replying
me: and what about you
Client: i am fine as well
so u r MBA right
11:05 AM sis?
busy?
me: Yes
I Have done MBA n M.COM
11:06 AM double masters :)
thanks for caling me sis
Client: :) MASHALLAH sis it means u r going to earn a lot if you are going to be hired
me: It was my 1st project and fortunately I got you
InshAllah
Client: my pleasure sis :)
INSHALLAH
okay ap ka city plz?
11:07 AM sis?
me: Islamabad
Client: aik sec sis
me: okay
11:09 AM Client: okay tu kia ap management ki assignments handle kar sakti hain
me: yeah ofcourse
easily
Client: hmmmm good
me: management was my most favorite subject
Client: n ap ko referencing sti hai sis/
me: ?
Client: :)
11:10 AM citation styles?
me: Sorry I didn't get last sentence
Client: APA MLA
harvard?
me: Yeah sure
Don't worries
I had handled my own assignments in my student life
Client: hmmmm
me: and I got 3.4 CGPA in M.COM
Client: MASHALLAH
me: n 3.8 CGPA in MBA
11:11 AM Client: MASHALLAH SIS
me: Hopefully I would manage the things for you
MashAllah
Client: hmmmmm INSHALLAH
okay i want to give you a shot sis :)
terms n conditions decide kar len sis?
11:12 AM me: okay
sure
Client: wase ap charges kia charge karen ge per 500 words?
me: I don't know as this would be my first task
you can decide by yourself
11:13 AM Client: okay sis we would start it with 200 rps per 500 words but is not final of course
jesi performnce ho g wase charges high hoty jayen g
upto 450 rps
11:14 AM per 500 words
me: okay
300 rps per 500 words
Client: so u need to just have patience
me: but you have mentioned
this line in your project I think
okay no problem at all
I am ready for such task on your defined rates
11:15 AM Client: yeah sis but after doing 5 to 6 assignments agar mujhe laga waqai u deserve that amount i would pay u sis its my promise
me: Okay no problem
I can trust on my Brother :)
11:16 AM Client: thank you sis bcs honesty is my policy since i am into this field and MASHALLAH i am one of the successful people here
me: Good
Okay so now we can start work
Client: okay rule one
me: or from tomorrow
yeah sure
Client: no plagiarism sis
11:17 AM agar kabhi b plagiarism pakra gaya all of the payments could be freezed
done?
me: Done
Client: okay har assignment submitt karney ke baad u would wait for the report ofgrammarly.com
11:18 AM bcs every assignment would passed through it
me: okay sure
Client: so that u could make possible corrections
me: no problem
Client: okay thank you rule 2
corrections would be free of cost on consent of client
11:19 AM if he asks for
me: done
Client: but our try would be to give him a perfect thing
regarding payments, if you have a abl acount payments can be sent on daily basis
11:20 AM if not then 116 rps charges of bank transfer fee have to bear by u
me: :O
Client: kia hoa sis?
me: 200 PKR - 116 PKR
11:21 AM Client: yeah but u can giveme your brothers num or father
sis?
11:22 AM me: I think this job wouldn't suits me
11:23 AM Client: y :) wihtout even going through it sis?
me: yeah
cause it is too lower charges
Client: if u really good then u could earn a lot bcs my writers are earning upto 50000 rps per month
me: assignment is nothing for me
11:24 AM You know in my student age
I have used to made assignments of my all frnds free of cost
Client: :)
me: so I can do it today too
Client: un ka ghusa mujh pe nikalen g sis? :)
me: but the problem now I am doing this work for money
no no
don't worries
I am Cool
Client: jus kinding sis
11:25 AM kiding
me: but actually you are offering very low amount
Client: bcs sis each assingment varies from 700 to 1000 rps and even high which goies to 2000 rps
me: Should I really waste my time for this amount
11:26 AM Client: oho sis ap samjhi hi ni
me: okay
Client: i am nt going to give you just to write 500 words on this daily
each assignment a day
means 700 to 1000 rps a day by spending just 3 to 4 hours
i think, it is a good deal sis
11:27 AM ?
me: Thinking
Client: sheetan behkata hai :)
bus ye yaad rakhye ga
me: cause you know I am teaching some students and taking 2000 per hour
11:28 AM Client: really it is a good oppertunity
me: so you can say I want to do this task for my night time
one more thing we can do here
Client: just taste my work agar acha lage tu continue kijye ga
me: It would be easy for me my brother
don't worries
11:29 AM I can handle such work very easily
Client: so what is point which making u confuse sis :)
me: okay
let me express my desires
I would love to work for you
Client: sure sis
11:30 AM me: its okay 1st 10 assignments would be on 200 PKR
and If you would like my work then you need to increase rate upto 250 PKR
Client: okay
deal
anything else :)
?
me: after 20 assignments you can increase according to your desire
11:31 AM but one more thing
tax would be beard by you :(
I mean at least 200 PKR for my work I need :(
Please :P
11:32 AM I have one more Idea
which would be beneficial for both of us
Client: :) sis kiyn mera kabara nikalna hai ap ne. okay make the payments after each week then i can bear them
like every day i have to bear 116 rps
me: okay
this would be good for both of us
agree
Client: :) okay deal then
11:33 AM okay ap skype use karti hain sis?
bcs voice talk ki zarorat pare g kabhi
me: no
I don't like chat most of time
11:34 AM and only gtalk I have
one more thing bro
Client: sis agar kaam samjh len g on voice talk tu ap ka time b bachey ga aur mera b
me: would it be possible for you
that made 1st payment immediately
and don't worries
I will manage
11:35 AM and let me know are you student of any Uniersity
University*
Client: :) sis shadi shuda banda hun ab tu student zamana gaya
me: and you need an assistant for your own assignments
ok
Client: i had my masters in Mass comm in 2007
me: wow good to know
11:36 AM then what kinda assignments you need
Client: sorry sis? samjh ni
?
me: I mean
11:37 AM What type of assignments you want to assign me
Client: ?
11:38 AM me: I am asking what type of work you need from me
I mean what type of assignments I have to make for you
Client: g sis HR k n mannagemnt ki
me: would those be for some university
wow
Client: yeah
me: god
good
Client: for students
11:39 AM me: both would be so easy for me
wow great
Client: :) chalen dekhty hain sis
me: I would easily handle such task
one more thing
I have done MBA in Finance
so you can assign me finance related assignments too
Client: hmmmmm sure sis
11:40 AM okay let me send you the first task then
just 1 mints plz
ok
11:41 AM ?
11:42 AM me: ok
11:43 AM Client: jus wait plz
me: Yeah sure
________________________________________ 9 minutes
11:52 AM Client: sent sis
plz check
?
me: ok
11:53 AM Client: thank you
11:54 AM me: 1 sec
Brother you need 5 assignments?
of 300 words
?
11:55 AM about following attachments
Client: no no sis :) 5 articles on HR
me: and brother time is too short
Client: one day?
how much do you need?
me: at least 3 days as guests can come
:P
11:56 AM Client: ohhhhhhhh
me: I mean tomorrow
ok will try
no prob
now good night
cause its late for me will try this work tomorrow
Client: hmmmmm okay start se pehley discuss kar lijye ga plz
me: but for next time please give me at least 2 days
Client: aik sec sis
11:57 AM me: yeah sure
Client: 0345 678 7075 kabhi kuch b confusion ho do call me or text me sis
ok? acha ye na ho ap ghalat kar den
11:58 AM sis?
phir sheetan a gaya :)
me: :)
okay no prob
now I want to go
11:59 AM Client: sure sis tc
me: will see you tomorrow
Client: sure sis
me: Take care a lot
Allah Hafiz
Client: SALLAM
U TOO TC

----------------------------------------------------


This was our first chat, now I was waiting for work and was praying that May God give me courage to make my client happy :)


.....................................................


It made me so happy when I got first e-mail from his side, following was e-mail:


date Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:52 AM
subject deadline is 1 april anytime price is 600 rps

Details are attached

APA style of paper

5 articles regarding HR are required

1 page double spaced 300 words approx for each article's summary

12 font time new roman

you would write the link of the article in APA in the start of the page

----------------------------------------------------------

I was too happy as I found some work, it was an opportunity for me to earn some money as well as make a bright future in academic writing field but at the same time I was upset that how to start this work, and what to do that can make him happy and my client can hire me for long term.

This was my first work, and first day of work and the same time it was my worst day too :P

My internet has gone dead, I tried my best to connect it again but no way, I had this evening only because the next day was dead day to submit this assignment and I wished to provide this assignment as earlier as possible for me, I didn't wish to make any delay which can cause of loosing this job.

I went to my brother at evening and shared my problem with him, He said okay I can help you only in downloading the assignment or we can forward that to some of your friends to do the assignment on time. rest we have no option as he had only fone's slow internet and rest we can wait for our home's internet. :(

I had used his fone and forward that assignment to one of my friend but I didn't remember my friend's e-mail address manually :( so message didn't sent :(

now I had only one way that was pray to God, only He could help me. 

My prayer accepted by God and the next morning I accessed internet and was able to complete that assignment so I had sent solved assignment to my client on following date and time: 



dateFri, Apr 1, 2011 at 12:14 AM


Now I was praying to God that my work would accepted by my client and I would get a chance to continue this job in future too.
------------------------------------------------------------
Following is the chat history of our chat after he came online again.


12:12 AM me: Assalam O Alaikum
 Client: wasalm sis h r u?
12:13 AM sorry men ab uthta hun
  ab ka msg mila on gmail
  ap*
 me: I am fine
  what about you
  and Good morning
12:14 AM Its okay no problem actually I have completed one articles and want to show you so I can complete others within 2 hours
 Client: g fine
  g asa kar len
12:15 AM me: check it and let me know is it okay and according to your desires
 Client: yani kaam ye hai ap 5 alag alag HR ke articles search a
  karen ge
 me: it would be 100% copyscape pas inshAllah
 Client: INSHALLAH
 me: okay check it and let me know one more thing
12:16 AM have I send you 5 articles in 5 files or all in one
  with APA style formate
  format*
 Client: hayeeeeeeeeeeee
  sis ghlat
  ghlaa
  lta
 me: what happened
  ?
 Client: dekh voice chat na honey ka nateeja
  dekha
12:17 AM plz apna cell num dijye sis
 me: sorry
  I am not allowed to share my number with boys
 Client: skype pe add kar len and i am not a boy any more
12:18 AM me: I haven't skype id let me create account there
  :(
 Client: plz thank you
 me: ok
  gimme 2 min
 Client: sure sis
12:20 AM me: ----------- (skype ID)
  add me
 Client: aik sec sis
 me: ok
12:21 AM Client: request mila sis?
 me: yup
------------------------------------------------------------------------
On skype we had a voice chat in which he explained about work, 

Here, let me tell you friends, It was my first voice chat with some male, and I was too upset but I wished to get this job and wished to done my work well so I did voice chat too. 

well after some amendments, I had again sent him assignment file on:
dateFri, Apr 1, 2011 at 2:12 AM


again started praying that assignment would accepted in my second try.

------------------------------------------------------------------

2:00 AM Client: sis u there
  ?
2:01 AM sis?


11 minutes
2:12 AM me: sent
2:13 AM brother, I am sorry that I am bothering you at my 1st task
  but InshAllah everything would be fine in future life
 Client: okay sis checking
  sure plz wait
 me: check 1st article and let me know is writing okay?
  or should I change it
2:14 AM and don't worries we will change format at the end of assignment
2:15 AM Client: okay sis uper k 3 lines question ki include mya kijye ga
  mat*
  link ko apa en cite karen plz

...........................................................................................................

I made more amendments according to his desires and then re-sent file on
dateFri, Apr 1, 2011 at 4:13 AM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ohh, again problems, He again guide me on skype and I made more amendments and then again shared assignment file on following date, time and with following words:


dateFri, Apr 1, 2011 at 5:52 AM

I am really sorry, I am too lazy but I am trying my level best to meet the dead line

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


6:02 AM Client: vert well done sis :)
  keep it up
  its okay
  aram se karen
  :)
6:06 AM me: wow
6:07 AM have you liked my work
  ?
 Client: yeah MASHALLAH
 me: aram se kahan bhai abhi to time end hone wala
  aaj hi last date hai naa submission ki to kb hum dein ge kb next person submit krwaye ga
  :(
  I am feelings sad for him due to my laziness
 Client: :) u r responsible MASHALLAH SIS
6:08 AM INSHALLAH ho jaye ga
 me: well aap ye btao, apka grammer test pas ho gya , three articles ka?
  haan ab 2 hi reh gye hain
  InshAllah jal hi kar key send karti hun
 Client: aik dafa kar len 5 pure then test karen ekathy
 me: jald*
6:09 AM okay sure
  ma kar deti hun
  :)
  Thanks for appreciating me
 Client: gudluvk sis then :)
  wc sis
6:10 AM me: next assignment se ma good performance show krun gi is baar to 1st task ki wjh se b tensed and fir deadline alg tension
  but I will try my level best to make you happy from my nest assignment
 Client: INSHALLAH sis :)
6:11 AM me: InshAllah
  okay abhi ma jldi jldi baki k 2 b kar lun
  :)
 Client: :) sure
 me: wrna is baar meri wjh se apki b class ho jaye gi :P
 Client: :)hahhaha


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9:27 AM me: I am sorry bro
  here light had gone
  but only one has left and I am trying my best to complete that one too
  I am really feeling bad today  


-------------------------------------------------------------------------







9:33 AM Client: its okay sis take ur time :) subah tak complete kar ke de dijye ga men client se baat karta hun ok
 me: nhi nhi
  bro
  aap client se baat nhi kro
  ap meri wjh se khud ka image q kharab krte ho
9:34 AM ma just abhi kr deti hun complete
  apke liye aaj last date thi naa
  to ma aaj hi complete krti hun
  next 11 bje light ne jana hai ma us se phle tk kar ke send krti hun
  aap 4 dekh lo
  4 final hain abhi from my side ok
9:35 AM Client: okay sis :) thank you yeah i have send them but last wala jab send karen ge tu sub sik word doc men send kijye ga plz
  seen* not send
 me: yes
  sure
 Client: thank you n goodluck sis :)
 me: inshAllah bro thodi der tk final krti hun
  thanks bro
  n really sorry
 Client: wc sis
  its okay sis its okay :)
 me: I know 1st impression hi bht bad ho gya ap pe :P
9:36 AM okay bro see you soon with complete assignment
 Client: sure sis


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, I had sent him proper assignment on following date and time:

dateFri, Apr 1, 2011 at 10:25 AM


and my client sent me grammarly report on following date and time:

dateFri, Apr 1, 2011 at 10:59 AM


Now I had report of my work and here were 60 errors in this small task :( I was very confused that now what to do, I needed this job, I wanted to impress my client and didn't knew how I can be successful in my aims. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------


10:32 AM Client: report sent sis plz check


21 minutes
10:53 AM me: hi
10:54 AM Client: g sis
 me: Brother, I have seen your email
  you have sent some report
  but it is not my assignment's report
 Client: :)
10:55 AM aik sec plz
10:56 AM ship..........waqai ap ki ni
  aik sec sis
  auto pe tha kaam
  let me resend it manually sis
 me: ok
10:59 AM Client: check now plz sis


8 minutes
11:07 AM me: okay I have checked and let me correct the things
11:08 AM Client: okay sis
 me: Thanks
 Client: no thank you sis really
11:09 AM me: No thanks goe to you
  goes*
  cause you are so kind my bro
 Client: :) perhaps but actually u r helping me so u deserve thanking more than me
11:10 AM me: okay brother


27 minutes
11:38 AM me: brother
  its time to sleep here
  can I send you this assignment with amendments till tomorrow
  ?
11:39 AM Client: sure sis :)
  no problem
 me: Thanks
 Client: men subah 11 baje ke baad available hun ga then send kar dijye ga
  welcome sis
 me: Okay sure
  Thanks brother
 Client: tc then sis
 me: and Good night
 Client: :)
 me: Allah hafiz
 Client: SALLAM :)
  AH
 me: waSalam

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

12:23 AM Client: aoa sis h r u?
12:25 AM me: Wasalam
  I am fine
12:26 AM and how are you bro
 Client: fine too sis
 me: Good
 Client: g sunayen kahantak puhanchi hian corrections/
 me: I am trying to pass the report with 100% score
 Client: oh no no sis
  dekh ke plz
 me: q kya hua?
 Client: bcs kuch mistkaes betuki hun ge
  :)
12:27 AM yani illogical highlight k hun ge grammarly ne
  for example
  grammrly iphone ko ghalat kahta hai
 me: ohh
12:28 AM Client: wo phone kahta hai is ko
 me: but don't worries
 Client: ok
 me: I am trying to do my best
 Client: ok
 me: InshAllah everything would be fine
 Client: INSHALLAH
 me: spelling mistakes theek nhi kr skti ma
  cuz UK n US system alg alg hote hain naa
  but I can replace the words
 Client: g
12:29 AM me: acha 1 baat btao
  apko kitne percent result chahiye
  is site se
  ?
 Client: above 90 like
 me: ok
  theek hai
 Client: goodluck sis :)
 me: Thanks


9 minutes
12:39 AM me: brother
12:40 AM Client: g sis
  ?
 me: nothing its okay
12:41 AM Client: okay sis


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3:16 AM Client: sis kitni der hai?
3:17 AM me: brother
  save nhi kiya hua tha light gyi n again tenseion
  but give me 1 hour
  ma jldi se complete kr k deti hun
 Client: hoho auto save ni hoa word?
 me: abhi for time being 1st article 100% passed hai
3:18 AM deep freeze lgaya hua bro
  deep freeze ki wjh se no save if we haven't saved
 Client: hmmmm okaay waiting then sis
3:19 AM me: yeah plz


35 minutes
3:54 AM me: bro
 Client: g
 me: grammarly wala account ap ka apna hai kya
  ?
  ya client ka hai
  ?
3:55 AM Client: client send karta hai sis
 me: ok
 Client: yani wo khud check karta hai jis se humara contract hai
 me: hmm ok
  actualy bro
  I haven't account there
  to ma free wala use kr rhi hun
3:56 AM free me apko mistakes btata hai bt ye nhi btata k mistake hai kahan
 Client: oh sis ap ko kis ne kaha asa karen?
 me: is liye poch rhi thi
 Client: report send ki thi na ap ko?
  report men everything is highlighted
 me: yes
  dekhi
3:57 AM Client: tu ap wahan se dekh ke corrections karen bus
  yani report sath rakhen
  n corrections karti jayen
 me: bt smjh nhi aayi thi naa to ma ne 1 by 1 line kr k corrections ki thi ,, about complete thi k light ka jhatka lg gya
  ok
  I am doing
  u know 1st article 100% passed hai
 Client: hmmmm
 me: but still 4 me corrections krni hain
  to ma poch rhi thi agr apka account ha
3:58 AM to 1 baar chk kr lete hain
  bt agr apka nhi to no prob ma khud hi theek krti hun
 Client: hmmmm thank you sis
 me: kahe ka thanks bro
3:59 AM schi ma bht shrminda hun
  ma ne apka bht time waste kiya
  bt I promise next time se aisa nhi hoga
 Client: koi baat ni sis next time se manage kijye ga
  INSHALLAH
 me: yes next time se aisi tension nhi ho gi
  InshAllah
 Client: INSHALLAH


6 minutes
4:06 AM me: bro ye isse 1st apni side se chk krna
  then aage send krna ok
 Client: ok sis
 me: Allah kre ab ye theek ho
 Client: :)
 me: chota sa kaam hm ne kitna late kr diya
  really feeling bad
4:07 AM bechara jis ki assignment 1 to pay kr rha uper se usse late b de rhe wd lots of mistakes alg
  :(
 Client: checking sis wait plz
4:08 AM me: ok
4:09 AM bro next time se 2 se 3 days zroor le lena ok
 Client: sure sis
 me: ta k hm best kaam de skein
4:11 AM aur haan bro aap tax nhi pay krna ,, tax meri payment me se hi deduct kr lena
4:12 AM cuz I am not doing according to our expectations :P
4:13 AM Client: :) okay plz wait
4:15 AM me: ok


9 minutes
4:24 AM Client: g sis
  u know mne ne aik cheez observe ki ap ke kaam men
  use of article ki ghalti hai zyda
4:25 AM 'the' k
  wohi missing hai kahin kahin
4:27 AM me: ohh ok
 Client: yani hum ab try karen ge article ko use karney ki
  like
  in work
  no
  in the work
4:28 AM in taskplace
  no in the taskplace
 me: ok
 Client: ok sis/
 me: ok bro
  I will try my level best
4:29 AM Client: INSHALLAH
  abhi ap rest karen
  shaam ko ill send you the next mail sis
  ok?
 me: no
  abhi send kr do
 Client: :) okay wait then give me just 5 mints
 me: ma nhi chhati k again late krun
4:30 AM :P
  yeah sure
  you may send me any time
  sath me time 2 days ka le lena at least ok
  ma 1 din me krne ki koshish krun gi bt fir b time ziada ho to bnda relax rehta hai
  :P
 Client: okay plz wait
4:32 AM me: ok


10 minutes
4:42 AM Client: sent sis check plz
4:46 AM me: ok
  bro
  voice chat krein
  aap 1 baar assignment detail me smjha do mje
 Client: g zaroor sis
 me: :P
4:47 AM Client: ye tu ap ko samjhni hai sis :)
 me: bt dnt mind aj ghr me kaafi saare guests aaye huye means kaafi shor hona hai mere room me :P
 Client: agar koi question hai tu mail kar den ill ask the client
  :) ok
4:48 AM me: bs ma aayo bro
  aayi*
 Client: :)
4:49 AM me: bro skype pe online hun ma
 Client: ok one sec sis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, I finished my work :) 

I sent him final assignment file which get accepted and I received my first payment of 484 PKR for this task which made me so happy.


To find assignment details and final solution, visit following link:
http://7sk.org/2011/05/19/academic-writing-1st-task-real-world-hr/





No comments:

Post a Comment